macaojunex dotcom

This is the story of my life... and also about anything that comes to my mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines


Friday, June 15, 2007

No Internet Connection

I have bought a wireless router (Linksys WRT54GS) last night. I bought it so that I can share my internet connection at home with my laptop computer. After buying the said item, I excitedly go to our house to install the router. I follow the steps in installing the router based on the step by step guide on the CD. One of its step is to disconnect the internet cable from my PC to the router. Then one of the step in the installation is to detect if there is an internet connection. But the router didn't find any internet connection. :( I did all the that I can think of in configuring the router but still no luck. So I decided to put back my internet cable to my PC so that I can still used my internet. But the worst thing happen, my LAN detected a limited connectivity. It means I can't still connect to the internet even I put back my cable. So again, I did everything I can think of to troubleshoot the problem. And again, no luck. :( So I decided to just go to bed because there's nothing else I can do. Last night was my first night where I didn't access my internet.

Today, I'm planning to reconfigure it again based on what I've learned from my officemates on how to troubleshoot the problem. I'm hoping that I can solve the problem so that my PC and laptop and especially me can use the internet... :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

....until now there is still no connectivity due to configuration problem. I myself would want to surf the net but to no avail. I hope smart can fix this problem as soon as possible. Even their toll number isn't accessible, or worst nobody answers from their customer service.

June 19, 2007 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Avat@r said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 27, 2007 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Avat@r said...

it might have been an ISP issue. Hey junex nice to know you're blogging as well :)

June 27, 2007 at 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

November 12, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home